Telechart TC2000 won our 2018 Stock Market Software Review. Find out why it is Best for U.S. Investors & a favorite of Liberated Stock Trader.
Recommended for Long-Term Investors in the U.S.A. & Canada with a fundamental bias who need powerful screening and excellent charts on all platforms.
Telechart 2000 Review – Worden Brothers Inc. – Result 90%
Telechart has long been one of my favorite tools, I have been a subscriber for over 17 years and find the latest release v17.x to be a huge step forward. Endlessly customizable and scalable the platform offers nearly everything an investor may need.
Pricing and Software – 10/10
Worden Brothers continue their winning ways, which very competitive pricing starting at only $10 per month for the silver package. I would recommend gold to start with as you get a more powerful alerts engine and unlock the huge power of the Technical & Fundamental Scanning and Filtering that TC2000 is famous for.
TC2000 is aimed squarely at those trading Stocks, ETF’s, Mutual Funds and Options, specifically on the U.S.A and Canadian Markets.
The software is first class, runs on PC, Mac and Tablets SmartPhones, and requires Zero complex configuration.
Support is excellent both on the forums or via the phone where you get to speak immediately with skilled personnel in the U.S.
If you have not selected a Broker, you should look at TC2000 as an option, they have their own brokerage with extremely competitive rates which also means you get full integration so you can trade Stocks & Options directly from your charts, a huge bonus.
If you trade U.S. Stocks, ETF’s or Mutual Funds, then this is a great solution. Worden also provides regular live training seminars which are of a very high quality and also tour the U.S.A with free live training seminars for subscribers.
Trade Management – 9/10
Worden recently released TC2000Brokerage offering discount brokerage services $4.95 per trade. This integration means a tight integration for trading stocks from the screen but also one of the best implementations of Stock Options trading available.
Worden Brothers make a clean sweep when it comes to trade management, with full Broker Integration (as long as you choose them as your broker).
TC2000 also offers fantastic options trading and integration, you can scan and filter on hundreds of Options Strategies and then execute and follow them directly from the charts.
Good Profit & Loss tracking & Analysis round off the package.
Industry Leading Options Trading Visualizations & Live Trading
Use the Strategies button in the lower left of a chart to open option strategy tickets directly on the chart. The menu divides strategies into bullish, bearish and volatility categories. Strategies include single-leg, multi-leg, and combinations of underlying stock.
Multi-leg strategies open as a single trading ticket on the chart.
Fundamental Scanning and Screening – 10/10
Make no mistake about it, if you want fundamentals stock screeners in real-time layered with technical screens all integrated into live watch lists connected to your charts Telechart is a power player.
I selected TC2000 as my tool of choice back in the year 2000 because it offered back then, simply the best implementation of fundamental scanning, filtering and sorting available on the market. 17 years later, they are still a leader in this section.
They offer a huge selection of fundamentals to choose from, but what makes it unique is the fact you can, with a few clicks, create your own indicators based on the fundamentals.
You can then overlay the indicators directly on the charts, which opens up a whole new world and technical and fundamental analysis. 10 out of 10 for TC2000 again.
News & Social – 8/10
While Telechart does not have a perceivable Real-Time news element, it does have integrated news with connections to Google Finance, CNN, Yahoo Finance, MSN Money, Marketwatch and StockTwits.
If you want social community and integrated news, you will need to roll back to TC2000 v12.5.
Technical Analysis – 9/10
Telechart has an excellent array of technical indicators and drawing tools, all the big ones are there, from OBV, RSI and Bollinger Bands to Fibonacci Fans and Andrews Pitchfork. With over 70 different indicators you will have plenty to play with. They have also introduced live alerts which you can configure to email or pop up if an indicators or trend line is breached. Very useful indeed.
Stock Systems and Back Testing – 4/10
If you want to perform powerful backtesting or trading automation, then TC2000 is not for you. You may be able to utilize the add-on product called StockFinder, if you are a Platinum Member and you specifically call to ask for it.
However, StockFinder is no longer in active development, which is a shame because I think it is one of the very best in the market.
The Stock Market Crash Detector was build using StockFinder and here is an example of how powerful it is.
Ease Of Use – 20/20 – Full Marks
TC2000 is easy to use and yet very powerful. The interface design strikes the right balance between looking great and being instantly useful.
A heavy focus on watchlist management, flagging stocks, making notes and powerful scanning make is easy to use and master. Software setup is completed in a few minutes, but it also runs perfectly across devices.
Below you will see an instant download option for TC2000, you should try this. Once installed (which takes only a few minutes)
- Click File
- Click Open Layout
- Click Sector By Year
In 3 Clicks you have this wonderful industry sector drill down.
In the above chart I have drilled down into the Technology Sector, and instantly we see the Industry Indexes, Semi-Conductor, Gaming, Solar etc. What is really nice is we see to the right the relative performance for the sector versus the S&P-500.
Instantly you can see which sectors are outperforming the market… in 3 clicks
Full marks for TC2000.
Some major additional improvements to TC2000 V18 + Bonus Video
As a U.S. investor, there are many advantages to using TC2000, as we have seen ranging from ease of use, price, customer service, powerful fundamental stock screeners and amazing technical analysis tools. Version 17 brings us a lot more including Brokerage Integration and Trading from charts and these 7 big new enhancements.
- Condition & Value Column Improvements
- Upgraded EasyScan Editor
- Linked Financial Websites
- Profit & Loss Zones
- Graphical Options Strategies Integration
- Updated Formula Editor
- EasyScan Dashboard.
Watch this Video to See A Live Demo of these 7 Killer Features.
Other Benefits Include
- Online—access from any computer anywhere (including your personal settings, WatchLists, etc)This is a huge step forward allowing you to access from any computer all your settings, stocks, notes, overcomes the restrictions of the previous version.
- Personal WatchLists—now shared across all Worden platforms – So being able to access the same watchlist from Stockfinder, Telechart 2007, Freestockcharts.com and in TC2000
- More Data feeds (US—common, preferred, BB, PS; Canadian; Forex; Indexes)
- Bar Intervals—Daily and above; Intraday (supplied by BATS in Gold; full market real-time in Platinum) This is nice, the excellent near real-time feed from the BATS exchange now included in the new TC2000 free for gold members.
- Indicator Library There is a huge library available in the new version and the ability to overlay and daisy chain indicators
- QuickSort—fastest sorting ever! Superfast sorting and scanning.
- WatchList Columns—created by conditions directly from your charts. This is for those people who enjoy the benefits of Stockfinder but wish it was integrated into Telechart.
- News/notes window—streaming news, personal notes
- Improved Drawing Tools – A great new list of powerful tools including trend lines, Fibonacci, Gann, text and more.
- Alerts—trendline, price, condition & reminders – Get alerts to your inbox when a stock breaks through a trend line you have drawn. Awesome.
- TC Menus—still have EasyScan, PCF’s, Custom Date Sort, etc.
- Full Integration with Twitter & Facebook
- Completely compatible with Macs as well as PC’s!
Worden Brothers have pulled out all the stops for 2018. Here are some screenshots of the hottest new features.
TC2000 Cloud & Heatmaps
Access the new trading menus on the lower left corner of any chart. They give you access to the most common order tickets and operations.
- Quickly place buy and sell orders at the market
- Open draggable trade tickets on the chart
- Add married puts (protective) to existing position
- Add covered calls to existing position
- Place AutoTrack® Indicator & Trendline orders on the chart
- Closeout positions using brackets, profit targets, stops, indicators and trendlines
Easy Scan Dashboards
EasyScan Dashboards are reports that can track multiple EasyScans at one time. Counts are continuously updated so you can see stocks move between your scans.
- Click the report button on the toolbar at the top of TC2000.
- Click to create a new EasyScan Dashboard.
- Click the checkbox to toggle edit mode on and off.
- With edit mode turned on, click the + button to add your custom EasyScans to the dashboard.
- Counts are updated in real-time (if you have real-time data).
- Right-click on any scan to make edits or view the watchlist of passing stocks.