|Pricing & Software|
|Company Fundamentals Screening Integration|
|News Services & Social Integration|
|Technical Analysis – Charts, Indicators & Drawing Tools|
|Pre-Built Screeners & Portfolios|
|Ease of Use|
Stock Rover wins our Stock Market Software review by providing the best software for value and income investors. A 10-year financials & fundamentals historical library plus incredible scanners including all of Warren Buffet & Ben Grahams favorite criteria. Fair Value, Margin of Safety and so much more. If you are a long-term investor, this is the software for you.
Best for U.S.A. Canadian Value Investors Seeking An Insanely Good Fundamental & Financial Analysis Stock Research Software. Easy to Use Yet Extremely Powerful. This is Our Outright Winner
|Stock Rover Summary||Likes||Dislikes|
|★ Huge Selection of Fundamental & Financial Scanning Criteria||✘ No Social Community|
|★ Incredible Stock Scoring Systems Allow You To Find Perfect Matches For Your Portfolio|
|★ Unique 10 Year Historical Fundamentals Data|
|★ Warren Buffet & Ben Graham Screeners & Portfolios Full Integrated|
|Visit Stock Rover||★ The Best Usability & Setup|
Stock Rover – Best Stock Screener Review Winner 2019
It is really impressive that Stock Rover has stormed into the review winners section of our Stock Market Software Review in its first try. It is also the outright winner in our Best Stock Screener Review.
I now actively use Stock Rover every day to find the undiscovered gems that form the foundations of my long-term investments.
Stock Rover Pricing – 10/10
You can have Stock Rover for free, however, the real power of Stock Rover is unleashed with the Premium Plus service. Moreover, their top tier of service is not even expensive when compared to the competition.
How Much Does Stock Rover Cost?
- Free $0 – Scanning for 10,000 stocks, 43,000 mutual funds & ETF’s, broker integration, portfolio analysis & market news
- Essentials $7.99 US /mo – 5 years of historical data, 10 fair value and margin of safety ratings per month + earnings calendar
- Premium $17.99 US /mo – 350 fundamental metrics, 10 years of historical data, stock & ETF ranked screening. 10 stock ratings per month, 20 fair value & margin of safety ratings per month.
- Premium Plus (Recommended) – $27.99 US / mo – 10 years of historical screening, unlimited margin of safety and fair value scoring, unlimited stock warnings and stock ratings + analyst ratings scoring.
I strongly recommend going for the Stock Rover Premium Plus at $27.99 per month. Why? Because having used the service extensively, I cannot live without the unlimited stock ratings, analyst ratings scoring and the unlimited fair value and margin of safety scoring.
The lower-priced service tier limits the number of ratings, so go for the Premium Plus, it is well worth it at only $27.99.
I even told Ken over at Stock Rover, that their product pricing it too low, for this much value they should charge more.
Stock Rover Platform – 10/10
Stock Rover runs on PC, Mac, Tablets, and Smartphones and requires zero installation, it simply works. The market data, scoring, ranking, and analysis are for the USA & Canadian markets only.
Stock Rover Dashboard
When you register with Stock Rover and log in, you are greeted with the dashboard which gives you an instant market performance breakdown, but more importantly, shows you your portfolio performance and your dividend performance.
The Stock Rover Platform Is A Modern Cloud-Based Software Architecture
This architecture type means that there is no client software to download and install, and all the stock exchange data resides on the vendor’s servers in the cloud. The charting and visualization are all stored and computed in the cloud, and only the chart to want to visualize is streamed to your client device.
The positives of cloud-based technical analysis software:
- Zero client installation – very quick setup
- Zero data downloads and data management required on the local client device
- All processing and storage is managed on servers in the datacenter
- Cross-device compatibility (PC, Mac, Tablet, Smartphone)
The negatives of cloud-based architecture:
- The speed of data and responsiveness of the application is dependent on your internet bandwidth
Stock Rover has the best implementation of stock screening on a cloud-based architecture on the market.
Finding Great Stocks With Stock Rover – Video
[Related Article: How Do Technical Analysis Software Platforms Work?]
Trade Management Score – 9/10
You cannot place trades from charts but it will take care of profit & loss reporting on your portfolio and provide recommendations for portfolio rebalancing. Including income (dividend) reporting and scoring it is a unique package.
Stock Rover is not for day traders, it is for longer-term investors that want to maximize their portfolio income and take advantage of compounding and margin of safety to manage a safe and secure portfolio.
Fundamental Scanning & Screening – 10/10
Another perfect 10 for Stock Rover as they hit the mark on company stock scanning and filtering, and fundamental watchlists also.
The list of fundamentals you can scan & filter on is truly huge. Any idea you have based on fundamentals will be covered with over 600 data points and scoring systems.
Watchlists have fundamentals broken into Analyst Estimates, Valuation, Dividends, Margin, Profitability, Overall Score and Stock Rover Ratings. You can even set the watchlist and filters to refresh every single minute if you wish.
The Excellent Stock Rover Ratings Engine
The team over at Stock Rover have implemented some great functionality, one I particularly like is the roll-up view for all the scores and ratings. Here I have imported the Warren Buffett portfolio which includes his top 25 holdings. I have also selected the “Stock Rover Ratings” tab. This “Stock Rover Ratings” tab rolls up all analysis into a simple to view ranking system, saving a huge amount of time and effort whilst providing a wealth of insight.
List of Stock Rover’s Comprehensive Ratings Categories
- Scores Screener – The Scores screener finds stocks whose scores for Value, Growth, Quality, and Sentiment scores in the top 20% along with a Piotroski F score of at least 6 and an Altman Z-Score of at least 3.0 from over 4000 US-listed stocks.
- Overall Ratings – Find large-cap stocks on the NYSE or Nasdaq in the top overall decile of Stock Rover ratings.
- Growth Ratings – Find large-cap stocks on the NYSE or Nasdaq in the top growth decile of Stock Rover ratings that are also in the top two deciles for price momentum.
- Valuation Ratings – Find large-cap stocks on the NYSE or Nasdaq in the top valuation decile of Stock Rover ratings that are also in the top two deciles for price momentum.
- Efficiency Ratings – Find large-cap stocks on the NYSE or Nasdaq in the top operational and capital efficiency decile of Stock Rover ratings that are also in the top two deciles for price momentum.
- Financial Strength Ratings – Find large-cap stocks on the NYSE or Nasdaq in the top financial strength decile of Stock Rover ratings that are also in the top two deciles for price momentum.
- Dividend Ratings – Find large-cap stocks on the NYSE or Nasdaq in the top dividend growth and safety decile of Stock Rover ratings that are also in the top two deciles for price momentum.
- Momentum Ratings – Find large-cap stocks on the NYSE or Nasdaq in the top price momentum decile of Stock Rover ratings.
- Stock Rover Top Rank and Momentum – Find large-cap stocks on the NYSE or Nasdaq in the top overall decile of Stock Rover ratings that are also in the top two deciles for price momentum.
Powerful Pre-Built Screeners – Integrated into Stock Rover
Stock Rover already has over 150 pre-built screeners that you can import and use. You do need to have the Premium Plus service to take advantage of this, I have reviewed many of them and they are very thoughtfully built. One of my favorites is the Buffettology screener.
The Stock Rover Buffettology Screener – Screenshot
Stock Rover Screeners – Buffett’s Holy Grail
Here is another screener that I really like. If you select any screener, in this case I selected the “Strong Buys Screener” the Fair Value Screener and simply select the “Fair Value” tab, you are rewarded with arguably the killer features of Stock Rover. The Fair Value and Margin of Safety analysis and rankings. These analysis factors are a nightmare to manually calculate yourself and it could be said, warrant the investment in Stock Rover all by themselves.
Fair Value and Margin of Safety Rankings
[Related Tutorial: Setup Your Own Buffett Stock Screener With Stock Rover]
Detailed Dividend & Income Analysis
Another reason why I like Stock Rover so much is the detailed dividend and income analysis provided.
As all smart investors know, to have a chance at excellent market-beating returns you need to accrue your dividends.
Stock Rover provides intelligent analysis to enable you to do just that.
News & Social Media Integration Score – 8/10
Stock Rover pulls in information from Yahoo Finance and Benzinga News. The news feeds are not real-time but they are useful. As a long-term investor real-time news is not really a priority. If it is a priority for you, you can subscribe to Benzinga News separately.
When it comes the social chat and community there is no perceivable service within Stock Rover.
Stock Charting & Technical Analysis Score – 6/10
Looking at stock charts with Stock Rover is different from all the other software vendors on the market. Whereas MetaStock & TradingView focus on hundreds of technical analysis (price/volume) indicators, Stock Rover focuses on charting the fundamental financial strength indicators.
With over 154 different financial indicators, and only 9 technical analysis indicators, Stock Rover is not the best service for technical analysis or frequent trading, but it is by far the most complete package for fundamental income and value investors. So, although this section is for technical analysis, they are so good with charting fundamentals I have rated them a score of 70%.
Caveat – there are no possibilities to draw trend-lines or annotate charts in Stock Rover.
Stock Rover Alerts
Stock Rover alerts are configurable to provide immediate sms or email notifications when a stock meets your custom criteria. For example, “Alert me if Netflix crosses $200 up”. You can place alerts on fundamental indicators or prices it is quite flexible.
Systems, Backtesting & Automated Trading Score – 8/10
Again, we have to think of Stock Rover differently to other stock charting analysis packages. Stock Rover provides 10 years of backdated financial information and scanning possibilities, better than nearly every other stock screening package. However, automated trading and technical system backtesting is not part of the design remit. For that, you should look at MetaStock or TradingView.
Usability Points – 20/20
Within 15 minutes I was using Stock Rover no installation required and no configuring data feeds, it was literally just there.
Stock Rover is up and running with a single click of the login button.
Even better is the fact it there are so many curated screeners and portfolios to import and use you are instantly being productive. It is quite a feat that it is so easy to use considering Stock Rover has so many powerful scoring and analysis systems.
Stock Rover Review Summary
Stock Rover wins our Stock Market Software review by providing the best software for value and income investors. A 10-year financials & fundamentals historical library plus incredible scanners including all of Warren Buffet & Ben Grahams favorite criteria. Fair Value, Margin of Safety and so much more.
If you are a long-term investor, this is the software for you.