This TC2000 review finds it is best for US investors and traders who need powerful integrated fundamental screening, technical analysis, Options trading, and trading from charts.
TC2000 Review Ratings
|💸 Pricing & Software||★★★★★|
|📰 News & Social||★★✩✩✩|
|📈 Charts & Analysis||★★★★✩|
TC2000 Review Summary
This TC2000 review shows it is an excellent platform for US stock traders and investors who value robust stock charting, customizable indicators, real-time stock scanning, and a low price starting at $0. TC2000 is easy to use yet powerful, with a nice interface design.
TC2000 Review: Key Features
|⚡ Features||Charts, Custom Indicators, Screening|
|🏆 Unique Features||TC2000 Brokerage, EasyScan|
|🎯 Best for||Stock & Options Traders|
|♲ Subscription||Monthly, Yearly, Bi-Annually|
|🆓 Free||Try TC2000 Free|
|💻 OS||PC, Mac, Web|
|🎮 Trial||Free 30-Day|
|✂ Discount||-25% for Bi-Annual Subscription + $25 Coupon + $199 in Bonuses*|
*If you sign up for TC2000, you will receive ebook & training discounts worth $199 from LiberatedStockTrader.comWe independently research and recommend the best products. We also work with partners to negotiate discounts for you and may earn a small fee through our links.
What is TC2000/Telechart 2000?
TC2000 by Worden Brothers Inc. is a leading technical analysis and stock market screening platform. A good selection of stock charts, indicators, and fundamental scanning makes it a very mature service. Voted Best Software by Stock & Commodities magazine for 25 years straight, it is a great option for US investors.
As a professionally certified financial technical analyst, TC2000 (Telechart) has long been one of my favorite tools. I have been a Platinum service subscriber for over 20 years and find the latest release to be another great step forward. Endlessly customizable and scalable, the platform offers everything an investor in stocks, exchange-traded funds, and options would need.
TC2000 was a winner in our Best Stock Market Analysis Software Review, beating 25 other competitors.
- Excellent US Customer Support & Training Webinars
- Trade Stocks & Options From Charts
- Great Selection of Charts & Indicators
- Options Strategies & Live Trading
- Real-time Entire Market Scanning
- Great Usability & Simple Setup
- No Social Community
- No Backtesting
- No Forecasting
TC2000 is competitive on pricing with all premium stock market analysis software vendors; it is a leader in pricing, with only TradingView offering a similar price point.
TC2000 is free for basic charts and trendlines. The silver service costs $9.99 monthly unlocking indicators, watchlists, and trading. Gold costs $29.99 monthly, adding scanning, multiple monitors, and alerts. For historical condition scanning and real-time scanning, Platinum is priced at $89.98 per month.
For robust stock charting software, you need to opt for the Gold service because silver is not worth $10 per month.
Is TC2000 Free?
Yes, you can download and use TC2000 for free. The free version allows you to view bar, candle, and Heikin Ashi stock & option charts and draw trendlines. If you want customizable layouts, watchlists, and plot stock chart indicators, you will need a silver, gold, or platinum subscription.
The free version of TC2000 is useful but does not have the essential features you need.
TC2000 Silver Pricing & Features
Starting at $9.99 per month, the silver subscription enables more features, allowing you to plot advanced stock chart indicators, use customizable watchlists and use simulated paper trading or trade through the TC2000 Brokerage. You will also need a data subscription, costing $14.99 per month.
- All service levels enable you to use the TC2000 Brokerage, enabling live from the chart trading and competitive commissions beating out TD Ameritrade and Merrill.
- 100,000 stocks options and exchange-traded fund data – included
- Real-time streaming data is available with an additional charge per exchange connection. This is the same for all software providers.
- Eight great layouts are ready for use, including my favorite Sector Drilldown, which I discuss later in the review.
- Unlimited watchlists with 80 pre-built layouts
- Personal Notes to keep track of your actions
- Unbelievable application flexibility, probably the best in the industry, enabling you to build intricate workflows, tabs, and pop-out windows
- Mobile access to your charts, watchlists, and settings.
TC2000 Gold Pricing & Features (Recommended)
The TC2000 gold service costs $29.99 monthly, and you can get a 25% discount for a bi-annual subscription. The gold service includes real-time stock and options scanning, custom conditions, 100 alerts, and custom formulas. It is a good balance between price and functionality.
I highly recommend Gold Service because of the following features:
- EasyScan is enabled – this allows you to unleash the powerful fundamental scanning; you can scan on EPS, PE Ratio, Earnings Growth, Sales, and many more. It is the industry’s best fundamental and technical scanning at this price point.
- Unlocks Technical & Fundamental Scanning Combinations – for example, if you want to combine the stock price crossing the 20-day moving average plus a volume surge with growth in the earnings per share for the last quarter. This is only possible with TC2000.
- EasyScan results are displayed extremely quickly – this can save a lot of time.
- 100 Alerts are enabled – TC2000 has an excellent alert system, which is extremely flexible, allowing you to alert on any indicator, price, or trendline. Alerts can be routed to your email, SMS, or an on-screen popup.
- Charting of Fundamentals from MorningStar – this is great because it enables you to plot, for example, earnings per share (EPS) onto the chart. This lets you see visually if a company has accelerated earnings over time.
TC2000 Platinum Price & Features
The Platinum service is triple the price of the Gold service costing $89.98, and includes the real-time EasyScan dashboard, historical scanning, and customizable indicators.
- Easyscan is now real-time; you can feel watchlists’ scans and criteria pulsing with activity as they constantly refresh.
- Real-time scan results, so you can set up reports that summarize the results of your scans to enable simpler tracking of thousands of data points.
- Historical condition testing and scan results are a type of backtesting functionality.
- 1000 stock and option alerts.
- Build custom market timing indicators from scan plots.
- A $300 discount annually when you trade once per month with a TC2000 Brokerage Account.
Worden Brothers continue their winning ways, with very competitive pricing starting at only $9.99 per month for the Silver package. I would recommend the Gold service to begin with as you get a more powerful alerts engine and unlock the huge power of the technical & fundamental scanning and filtering that TC2000 is famous for. TC2000 is aimed squarely at those trading stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, and stock options, specifically on the US market.
TC2000 Gold vs. Platinum
While both the TC2000 Gold and Platinum services are excellent, Platinum unlocks real-time scanning, historical condition testing, and custom indicator creation. Plus, if you decide to trade stocks with TC2000 Brokerage, you will get an annual $300 rebate on TC2000.
Our partnership with TC2000 enables us to share a discount coupon worth $25 of your first purchase, which you can also combine with a bi-annual subscription which saves an additional 25%. Additionally, you will receive ebooks & training discounts worth $199 from LiberatedStockTrader.com via email. Simply use this button to get started.
TC2000 $25 Discount Pricing Code Voucher & $199 Worth of Bonuses.
TC2000 is free to download for PC or Apple IOS devices via its web version. I have been testing and using the software since 1999, and I can confirm the platform is first-class and reliable.
TC2000 for Windows Download
Developed with Microsoft’s Dot.net framework, TC2000 runs natively on the PC. It is fast, responsive, and simple to use. The resolution of the software enables very intricate design details that other development platforms cannot match. Very quick to download, and installation is a breeze.
TC2000 for Mac/IOS Download
There is no additional cost to access TC2000 from a Mac, mobile device, or web client. If you want to use the PC version on an Apple device, you require the free Parallels Client App. TC2000 can only be run from one device at a time. The following devices are supported: Mac, iPad, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Android Tablet, Android Phone, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Chromebook, and Kindle Fire.
TC2000 App for Adroid & IOS
- Google Play Store Rating: ★★★
- Our Service Rating: ★★★★
TC2000 has a 3-star rated app on the Google play store, but it is not available on the Apple app store. You can access the fully functional TC2000 by installing TC2000 Anywhere.
While the current reviews on the play store suggest some technical issues, TC2000 has recently been updated to run natively on all devices, I have tested it, and the new version is excellent.
It is an incredibly powerful yet easy-to-use stock analysis suite.
TC2000 is ideal for those wanting to trade and invest in the US and Canadian stock markets, as international exchanges are not supported. TC2000 was also a review winner in our Stock Trading Software Review for the last five years.
- You can trade directly from the charts.
- You can scan fundamentals and customer technical conditions and initiate a trade in seconds.
- You get a first-class experience on mobile.
The reason TC2000 comes in 3rd place in this review is simply that the trades are not commission-free. But the software and, for example, the options visualizations are excellent.
TC2000 Support & Customer Service
Support is excellent on the forums, via email, or the phone. When you call, you will get straight through and speak with skilled personnel in the US; I have never had an issue where it was not solved more or less immediately.
If you have not selected a Brokerage, you should look at TC2000 Brokerage as an option; they have competitive rates, which means you get full integration to trade stocks & options directly from your charts, a huge bonus.
This is a great solution if you trade U.S. Stocks, ETFs, or Mutual Funds. The TC2000 team also provides regular live training seminars of very high quality and tours the USA with free live training seminars for subscribers.
TC2000 Training & Education
The Worden Brothers in-house training team has hundreds of video webinars online available instantly. But even better than that, they seem to be on a more or less ongoing roadshow with live free seminars across the United States. One of my students recently wrote to me about how great the training was and how much she learned. If you are based in the US or can travel, it is well worth attending one of the scheduled seminars.
TC2000 Brokerage offers live trading for $4.95 per trade, which is pricey compared to Firstrade or TD Ameritrade, which offers free stock trades. This service does mean a tight integration between the charting software and the brokerage house. Essentially it means the holy grail, trading directly from charts visually.
Worden Brothers make a clean sweep regarding trade management, with full Broker Integration (as long as you choose them as your broker).
Use the Options Trading button at the top of the chart to open Options Strategy tickets directly on the chart. The menu divides strategies into bullish, bearish, and volatility categories. Strategies include single-leg, multi-leg, and combinations of the underlying stock.
Multi-leg strategies then open as a single trading ticket on the chart.
TC2000 also offers a nice implementation of options trading and integration; you can scan and filter many options strategies and then execute and follow them directly from the charts.
Good profit and loss tracking reporting round off the package as a well-implemented solution.
Opening A Stock Option Trade With TC2000
Industry Leading Live Trading
Look at the image below; you can see how well planned the order execution is from the chart. You can open an order but only execute it based on a condition.
The interesting thing is that conditions can be any technical or fundamental criteria. So you could theoretically execute a trade if the EPS for the last quarter exceeds 35%. Alternatively, execute a trade as the real-time price breaks through the Ichimoku cloud on higher volume.
The possibilities are limitless and mind-boggling.
TC2000 Stock Screener
Make no mistake, if you want fundamental stock screening in real-time layered with technical screens all integrated into live watch lists connected to your charts, TC2000 is a power player.
I selected TC2000 as my tool of choice back in 1999 because it simply offered the best implementation of fundamental scanning, filtering, and sorting available on the market. Twenty years later, they are still a leader in this section.
They offer a huge selection of fundamentals to choose from 192, to be exact, but even better than that, what makes it truly unique is the fact you can, with a few clicks, create your own indicators based on the fundamentals.
You can then overlay the indicators directly on the charts, opening up a new world of technical and fundamental analysis. 10 out of 10 for TC2000 again.
One of My Favorite Scans & Fundamental Watchlist Setups.
TC2000 is perfect for scanning the entire market in a few seconds for the best fundamental setups of any company.
Key TC2000 Stock Screener Criteria to Find High Growth Companies:
- Earnings as Percent of Sales 1-Year
- EPS Percent Change Latest Quarter
- EPS Percent Change Latest Year
- A Positive Operating Cash Flow
- Percent Change Revenue 1 Year
- Earnings Growth Rate 5 Years
- Trailing EPS
- Shares Outstanding
Plotting Fundamental Indicators As Stock Chart Indicators.
The chart below shows you how to plot over 129 different fundamental variables from the balance sheet, income statement, and financial performance onto a chart. According to the classic William O’Neil book “How To Make Money In Stocks,” the C from the CANSLIM method stands for current earnings. This fundamental criterion and many others are easily plotted using TC2000.
TC2000 News Feed
While TC2000 does not have a perceivable real-time news element, it has integrated links to external websites like Google Finance, CNN, Yahoo Finance, MSN Money, Marketwatch, and StockTwits. The software will open a separate browser window and sync between TC2000 and the web browser. This is, however, less than satisfactory.
For $8 per month extra, you can upgrade to the Live Briefs By MT Newswire Investor service – this is a reliable news service if you do not need real-time news. If you need real-time news, you may want to pay for Live Briefs By MT Newswire, which will cost a mighty $50 per month.
If you want social community and integrated news, you will need to roll back to TC2000 v12.5 and use Internet Explorer as your browser. The social integration cannot be compared to TradingView, which is a seamless implementation.
TC2000 Stock Charts
TC2000 has an excellent array of technical indicators and drawing tools; all the big ones are there, from OBV, RSI, and Bollinger Bands to Fibonacci Fans and Andrews Pitchfork. With over 240 different indicators, you will have plenty to play with.
Here is a setup I use to find divergences in stock price and volume supply and demand; it is very reliable because it uses a mix of price, volume, and price/volume indicators. I also have backtested Ichimoku Cloud indicator accuracy, which is reliable.
All of these indicators are available in TC2000. The chart below shows the implementation.
A Powerful Chart Setup With TC2000:
Top Chart Pane: Daily Price – GOOGL
- Parabolic Stop And Reverse (SAR) is a beautiful indicator to show the trend direction and pivot points.
- Moving Averages 100, 50, 10 – the core of any analytics
- Ichimoku Cloud – an effective Japanese indicator
Lower Chart Panes Help Detect Price Momentum Divergence:
- Wilders Relative Strength Index (RSI)
- Chaikin Money Flow
- On Balance Volume
As you can see, you have a huge amount of indicators and drawing tools to choose from in TC2000
As you can see on the chart window, they have also introduced live alerts that you can configure to email or pop up if an indicator or trend line is breached. Very useful indeed.
Stock Systems and Backtesting
If you want to perform powerful stock backtesting or trading automation, then TC2000 is not for you. The platinum service does include historical condition testing and historical scan results, but that is not the same as real backtesting.
You may be able to utilize the add-on product called StockFinder if you are a Platinum member and you specifically call to ask for it. However, StockFinder is no longer in active development, which is a shame because it was one of the very best in the market. The Stock Market Crash Detector was built using StockFinder, and here is an example of how powerful it is.
TC2000 Ease Of Use
TC2000 is easy to use and yet very powerful. The interface design strikes the right balance between looking great and being instantly useful. A heavy focus on watchlist management, flagging stocks, making notes, and powerful scanning make it easy to use and master. The software setup is completed in a few minutes and runs perfectly across devices.
How to quickly get up and running with TC2000.
If you want to run a very quick test to see how easy to use TC2000 is, try the following:
- Download TC2000 for PC
- Follow The Install Instructions
- Open TC2000
- Click File
- Click Open Layout
- Click Sector By Year
In 5 Clicks, you have this great industry sector drill down.
In the above screenshot, I have drilled down into the Technology Sector, and instantly we see the industry indexes, Semi-Conductor, Gaming, Solar, etc. What is nice is we see to the right the relative performance for the sector versus the S&P-500. Instantly you can see which sectors are outperforming the market in 5 clicks. Full marks for TC2000.
What’s New in TC2000
As a US investor, there are many advantages to using TC2000, as we have seen, ranging from ease of use, price, customer service, powerful fundamental stock screeners, and amazing technical analysis tools. The latest version brings us much more, including Brokerage Integration and Trading from charts and these seven big new enhancements.
- Condition & Value Column Improvements
- Upgraded EasyScan Editor
- Linked Financial Websites
- Profit & Loss Zones
- Graphical Options Strategies Integration
- Updated Formula Editor
- EasyScan Dashboard.
TC2000 Review Video
Other Benefits Include
- Online access from any computer anywhere (including your personal settings, WatchLists, etc.) This is a huge step forward, allowing you to access all your settings, stocks, and notes from any computer, which overcomes the previous version’s restrictions.
- Personal Watch Lists— now shared across all Worden platforms – So being able to access the same watchlist from Stockfinder, Telechart, Freestockcharts.com, and TC2000.
- More Data feeds (US common, preferred, BB, PS; Canadian; Forex; Indexes)
- Bar Intervals—Daily and above; Intraday (supplied by BATS in Gold; full market real-time in Platinum) This is nice, the excellent near real-time feed from the BATS exchange is now included in the new TC2000 free for gold members.
- Indicator Library There is a huge library available in the new version and the ability to overlay and daisy chain indicators.
- QuickSort—fastest sorting ever! Superfast sorting and scanning.
- Watch List Columns created by conditions directly from your charts. This is for those who enjoy the benefits of Stockfinder but wish it was integrated into Telechart.
- News/notes window—streaming news, personal notes
- Improved Drawing Tools – A great new list of powerful tools, including trend lines, Fibonacci, Gann, text, and more.
- Alerts—trendline, price, condition & reminders – Get alerts to your inbox when a stock breaks through a trend line you have drawn. Awesome.
- TC Menus—still have EasyScan, PCFs, Custom Date Sort, etc.
Worden Brothers have pulled out all the stops. Here are some of the hottest new features.
Access the new trading menus on the lower-left corner of any chart. They give you access to the most common order tickets and operations.
- Quickly place buy and sell orders at the market.
- Open draggable trade tickets on the chart.
- Add married puts (protective) to an existing position.
- Add covered calls to an existing position.
- Closeout positions using brackets, profit targets, stop indicators, and trendlines.
EasyScan Dashboards are reports that can track multiple EasyScans at one time. Counts are continuously updated so you can see stocks move between your scans.
- Click the report button on the toolbar at the top of TC2000.
- Click to create a new EasyScan Dashboard.
- Click the checkbox to toggle edit mode on and off.
- With edit mode turned on, click the + button to add your custom EasyScans to the dashboard.
- Counts are updated in real-time (if you have real-time data).
- Right-click on any scan to make edits or view the watchlist of passing stocks.
TC2000 by Worden Brothers Inc. is a 1st class technical analysis and stock market screening platform. A good selection of stock charts, indicators, and fundamental scanning makes it a very mature service. Voted Best Software by Stock & Commodities magazine for 25 years straight, it is a great option for US investors.
- Related Article: TradingView vs. TrendSpider: Who is the King of Charts?
- Related Article: TC2000 vs. TradingView: We Do The Test To See Who’s Best?
Try Our Smart Stock Software Finder
Answer a few questions to get your personal recommendation!
Are You Looking For Stock Investing & Trading Software? Here Are My Favorites.
My favorite software for trading is TradingView because it does everything well. It has backtesting, great charts, stock screening, and an active community of over 3 million people sharing ideas, plus a free plan available globally.
My favorite software for investing is Stock Rover, as it specializes in deep fundamental financial screening, research, and portfolio management. It is the ideal platform for dividend, value, and growth investing.
My favorite software for stock market news is Benzinga Pro, with its super-fast real-time news engine, squawk box, and news impact ratings.
My favorite AI trading software is TrendSpider which enables automatic pattern recognition for Trendlines, Candlesticks, and Fibonacci levels. Trade Ideas uses AI to generate high probability daily trading signals for auto-trading.
My favorite stock-picking service is Motley Fool Stock Advisor, which has a proven track record of beating the market with excellent stock research reports.
Read the Full Top 10 Stock Market Software Testing & Review
Product - Liberated Stock Trader
This TC2000 review shows it is an excellent platform for US stock traders and investors who value robust stock charting, customizable indicators, real-time stock scanning, and a low price starting at $0.
Product SKU: NA
Product Brand: TC2000
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 0.00
Price Valid Until: 2025-01-01
Product In-Stock: InStock