Telechart TC2000 won our 2018 Stock Market Software Review. Find out why it is Best for U.S. Investors. A favorite of Liberated Stock Trader
Telechart 2000 Review – Worden Brothers Inc. – 90%
Telechart has long been one of my favorite tools, I have been a subscriber for over 17 years and find the latest release v17.x to be a huge step forward. Endlessly customizable and scalable the platform offers nearly everything an investor may need.
Pricing and Software – 10/10
Telechart is a big hitter when it comes to software and pricing. Telechart runs on everything – your iPhone your Tablet, your Mac, and your PC. It is priced very reasonably with a simple pricing structure.
If you trade U.S. Stocks, ETF’s or Mutual Funds, then this is a great solution. Worden also provides regular live training seminars which are of a very high quality.
Trade Management – 9/10
Worden recently released TC2000Brokerage offering discount brokerage services $4.95 per trade. This integration means a tight integration for trading stocks from the screen but also one of the best implementations of Stock Options trading available.
Fundamental Scanning and Screening – 10/10
Make no mistake about it, if you want fundamentals screened in real-time layered with technical screens all integrated into live watch lists connected to your charts Telechart is a power player.
News & Social – 8/10
While Telechart does not have a perceivable Real-Time news element, it does have integrated news with connections to Google Finance, CNN, Yahoo Finance, MSN Money, Marketwatch and StockTwits.
If you want social community and integrated news, you will need to roll back to TC2000 v12.5.
Technical Analysis – 9/10
Telechart has an excellent array of technical indicators and drawing tools, all the big ones are there, from OBV, RSI and Bollinger Bands to Fibonacci Fans and Andrews Pitchfork. With over 70 different indicators you will have plenty to play with. They have also introduced live alerts which you can configure to email or pop up if an indicators or trend line is breached. Very useful indeed.
Stock Systems and Back Testing – 4/10
If you want to perform powerful backtesting or trading automation, then TC2000 is not for you. You may be able to utilize the add-on product called StockFinder, if you are a Platinum Member and you specifically call to ask for it. However, StockFinder is no longer in active development, which is a shame because I think it is one of the very best in the market.
Ease Of Use – 20/20
One of the easiest to use and most powerful packages available places the icing on the cake for the Worden Brothers.
Some major improvements to TC2000.com (Gold or Platinum):
- Online—access from any computer anywhere (including your personal settings, WatchLists, etc)This is a huge step forward allowing you to access from any computer all your settings, stocks, notes, overcomes the restrictions of the previous version.
- Personal WatchLists—now shared across all Worden platforms – So being able to access the same watchlist from Stockfinder, Telechart 2007, Freestockcharts.com and in TC2000
- More Data feeds (US—common, preferred, BB, PS; Canadian; Forex; Indexes)
- Bar Intervals—Daily and above; Intraday (supplied by BATS in Gold; full market real-time in Platinum) This is nice, the excellent near real-time feed from the BATS exchange now included in the new TC2000 free for gold members.
- Indicator Library There is a huge library available in the new version and the ability to overlay and daisy chain indicators
- QuickSort—fastest sorting ever! Superfast sorting and scanning.
- WatchList Columns—created by conditions directly from your charts. This is for those people who enjoy the benefits of Stockfinder but wish it was integrated into Telechart.
- News/notes window—streaming news, personal notes
- Improved Drawing Tools – A great new list of powerful tools including trend lines, Fibonacci, Gann, text and more.
- Alerts—trendline, price, condition & reminders – Get alerts to your inbox when a stock breaks through a trend line you have drawn. Awesome.
- TC Menus—still have EasyScan, PCF’s, Custom Date Sort, etc.
- Full Integration with Twitter & Facebook
- Completely compatible with Macs as well as PC’s!
NEW FOR TC2000 V17
Worden Brothers have pulled out all the stops for 2017. Here are some screenshots of the hottest new features.
Use the Strategies button in the lower left of a chart to open option strategy tickets directly on the chart. The menu divides strategies into bullish, bearish and volatility categories. Strategies include single-leg, multi-leg and combinations with underlying stock. Calendar strategies are still being worked on. They’ll be available soon.
Multi-leg strategies open as a single trading ticket on the chart.
Access the new trading menus on the lower left corner of any chart. They give you access to the most common order tickets and operations.
- Quickly place buy and sell orders at the market
- Open dragable trade tickets on the chart
- Add married puts (protective) to existing position
- Add covered calls to existing position
- Place AutoTrack® Indicator & Trendline orders on the chart
- Close out positions using brackets, profit targets, stops, indicators and trendlines
Easy Scan Dashboards
EasyScan Dashboards are reports that can track multiple EasyScans at one time. Counts are continuously updated so you can see stocks move between your scans.
- Click the report button on the toolbar at the top of TC2000.
- Click to create a new EasyScan Dashboard.
- Click the checkbox to toggle edit mode on and off.
- With edit mode turned on, click the + button to add your custom EasyScans to the dashboard.
- Counts are updated in real-time (if you have real-time data).
- Right click on any scan to make edits or view the watchlist of passing stocks.
Interested in TC2000?
Further Information on TC2000
From the Archive: Telechart 2007 Video Review – /tc2000-telechart-2007-video-review/