Recommended for US Investors with a fundamental bias who need powerful screening and excellent charts on all platforms.
Telechart has long been one of my favorite tools, I have been a subscriber for over 15 years and find the latest release 17.x to be a huge step forward. Endlessly customizable and scalable the platform offers nearly everything an investor may need.
Pricing and Software 8/10 – Telechart is a big hitter when it comes to software and pricing. Telechart runs on everything – your iPhone your Tablet, your Mac and your PC. It is priced very reasonably with a simply pricing structure. Why does it not score a striaght 10/10? Only because it’s data coverage is U.S. and Canada only and it does not cover options, futures, forex or bonds. However, it was not designed to cover those. If you trade U.S. Stocks, ETF’s or Mutual Funds, then this may be a good solution. Wordens also provide live weekly training seminars which are of a very high quality.
Trade Management 7/10 – Currently Telechart is only integrating with TD Ameritrade, but if you are using TDA as your broker then the portfolio integrations and trading from charts works well.
Fundamental Scanning and Screening 10/10 – Make no mistake about it, if you want fundamentals screened in real-time layered with technical screens all integrated into live watchlists connected to your charts telechart is a power player.
News 7/10 – While telechart does not have a perceivable Real-time news element, it does have integrated news, but what sets it apart is it has a daily Market Commentary from Pete Worden and a very active community sharing trading ideas and banters in a live chat window. It certainly provides some entertainment while your stocks are moving sideways.
Technical Analysis 9/10 – Telechart has an excellent array of technical indicators and drawing tools, all the big ones are there, from OBV, RSI and Bollinger Bands to Fibonacci Fans and Andrews Pitchfork. with over 70 different indicators you will have plenty to play with. They have also introduced live alerts which you can configure to email or pop up if an indicators or trend line is breached. Very useful indeed.
Stock Systems and Back Testing 8/10 – Worden Brothers also have a little secret when it comes to developing backtested systematic approaches to trading. With a platimum membership to telechart you also receive a tool called Stock Finder. Stock Finder is one of the single most powerful intuitive point and click system development tools on the market today. No programming required. That is saying something because it is up against some very stiff competition in this space. Although Stock Finder cannot be used to automatically place trades, it’s ease of use still warrants a 8/10 rating, despite deveopment on the tool being halted. My request to Worden Brother is to integrate the GUI aspects of Stockfinder directly into TC2000 and improve the P&L analysis in the backtester.
Ease Of Use 10/10 – One of the easiest to use and most powerful packages available places the icing on the cake for the Worden Brothers.
Some major improvements to TC2000.com (Gold or Platinum):
- Online—access from any computer anywhere (including your personal settings, WatchLists, etc)This is a huge step forward allowing you to access from any computer all your settings, stocks, notes, overcomes the restrictions of the previous version.
- Personal WatchLists—now shared across all Worden platforms So being able to access the same watchlist from Stockfinder, Telechart 2007, Freestockcharts.com and in TC2000
- More Data feeds (US—common, preferred, BB, PS; Canadian; Forex; Indexes)
- Bar Intervals—Daily and above; Intraday (supplied by BATS in Gold; full market real-time in Platinum) This is nice, the excellent near real-time feed from the BATS exchange now included in the new TC2000 free for gold members.
- Indicator Library There is a huge library available in the new version and the ability to overlay and daisy chain indicators
- QuickSort—fastest sorting ever! Superfast sorting and scanning.
- WatchList Columns—created by conditions directly from your charts. This is for those people who enjoy the benefits of Stockfinder but wish it was integrated into Telechart.
- News/notes window—streaming news, personal notes and notes from the TC community
- Improved Drawing Tools – A great new list of powerful tools including trendlines, Fibonacci, Gann, text and more.
- Alerts—trendline, price, condition & reminderGet alerts to your inbox when a stock breaks through a trendline you have drawn. Awesome.
- TC Menus—still have EasyScan, PCF’s, Custom Date Sort, etc.
- Full Integration with Twitter & Facebook
- Completely compatible with Macs as well as PC’s!
NEW FOR 2017 – TC2000 V17
Worden Brothers have pulled out all the stops for 2017. Here are some screenshots of the hottest new features.
Interested in TC2000?
Further Information on TC2000
From the Archive: Telechart 2007 Video Review – http://www.liberatedstocktrader.com/tc2000-telechart-2007-video-review/